Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Hello Hue! {Olympia, Greece}


This post was hard.  I really wanted to go the whole aqua-blue water, crisp white accessories route, but we  didn't see much of that Greece on our trip.  The colors in Olympia were softer, more subdued...less all up in your grill. 


I thought they would make a nice bathroom palette, until I color matched.  My nice Greek paint scheme had turned into a damn Harlequin romance novel.  (Minus poor old Wethersfield Moss; too puritanical-Witch-of-Blackbird-Pond for the Sultry Greek bathroom,  but since I love the color, it stays.) 

Of course, the Sultry Greek Bath HAS to have marble.  Here are some small accessories if you don't want to break the bank, and the drool-worthy Pottery Barn carrara vanity if you want to..er..blow the wad. Oh god. I'm so inappropriate.


Add in a nice, sculptural-ish soap dish, maybe sew your own shower curtain, and while you're at it, why not reupholster a classically inspired vanity stool with a soft, vine-y fabric?



You're practically on a Romantic tour of ancient Greece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...