Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Shopping With a List - Foreverhouse Kitchen

In some ways, I am glad that life is making us save up for the Foreverhouse.  Had we been able to build a couple years ago, (or even earlier this year), I probably would've had a white-cabinet-ed shabby chic farmhouse kitchen.  Or maybe even a yellow-cabinet-ed kitchen with bright accessories. (I always seem to think warm colors will make me feel warm.  Unless I build a fireplace into my kitchen and paint it yellow, I think that fairly unlikely...)

Lately, however, I've been wondering about the Long Haul.  If this is truly going to be a house where we can cosy in for a bit, I would prefer that it not scream "Pinterest Board Gone Wild!"

Which has me thinking about grey as a color.  Sarah Richardson did it in the most recent season of Sarah's House...

{via}

...but it is still a little too...cold, or adult or professional or something.  For me, at least.  Maybe it is the stainless steel.  I think the color is good. Neutral, moody, and not beige.

So here's what I'd do if we were to win the Lotto and build today:

{via}

It's fun and bright and includes a TON of grey.  Check it out...


Plus, it's outdoor fabric, which mean 100% poly - perfect for kitchen stools that can get messy.  I also like that it has my favorite green and a nice, light neutral.  

As it happened, I was browsing House of Fraser (one of my favorite UK department stores) online, and found some quirky cute housewares that matched my theme perfectly.  And they ship to the US. 



Then I wandered over to Decor, and spent about half an hour in the lighting section.  If you mouse over the images, they light up! It's like walking really fast back and forth in front of the light display at the home store...not that I've ever done that... (Please excuse the geek-out, but this is the first time I've seen such a feature online!)



What do you think?  Grey, green and orange?  Is it sophisticated meets playful, or just weird?



1 comment:

  1. For me, those colors look very great! Green and orange can add more spice to the kitchen and I guess that’s what a kitchen needs. Hehe! You’ve got great choices with your furniture and I’m pretty excited to see your redo. Please inform me if you really used the gray, green, and orange combination. :)

    [ Helene Raymond ]

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...