Monday, October 29, 2012

Oh, Sandy...

  
I spent my weekend battening down the hatches; raking up the last of the leaves, moving lawn furniture to its winter home, cutting back perennials, and generally saying goodbye to all things warm and green.

There is a storm coming, did you hear?

And, in the midst of doing battle with all the recycling that has piled up as we have been off Doing Other Things, I wondered about the storm brewing out in the Atlantic, and how small my own personal storms are in comparison.  Perspective.  It's a funny thing.  As my mother would say, "This too shall pass."  Because it will, you know? 

Besides, I have an amazing trip to look forward to!  Italy!  in 4 days!  (If JFK is not still underwater - yikes!)



{image}{lyrics from 'Salina' by the always inspiring Avett Brothers}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...