Thursday, October 4, 2012

Leaf Peeping

Whenever anybody says 'leaf-peeping' it makes me kind of cringe.  I mean, doesn't it sound a little inappropriate?

Last weekend we packed Ollie-dog into the jeep and headed for my cousin's house in New Hampshire - she and her husband live in a log cabin on the side of a mountain. It's pretty gorgeous.



It was Homecoming  weekend for the local high school - my cousin-in-law is the head coach of the soccer team. Not a bad view from the field.


Oldest covered bridge in New Hampshire.  Don't speed in your wagon.
 


My cousins were our tourguides to the aptly named Festival of Earthly Delights at the North Haverhill Fairgrounds.  Twenty bucks got you a sampler of 30+ local food vendors, plus a glorified shot glass and 10 drink tickets.  A good time was had by all.



This was our last drink of the evening - Angry Orchard by Sam Adams.  Michael insisted there was a cider-foam deer traipsing around his shot glass.  Maybe there was a high-alcohol content traipsing around in there as well. 


We took the Kancamagus Highway back through the mountains to Maine.  It was drizzly but the colors were still bright and cheerful.




Lower falls on the Swift River.  We took a family camping trip here when I was a kid, and I have vivid memories of swimming for hours in this river.  I had convinced myself that the cold stream currents were like a hot tub.


So pretty, even in the drizzle-turned-to-rain!



all photos, ours

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...